Prep Time: 20 Min / Ready In: 60 Min
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, at room temperature or chilled
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can of corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add mango, red pepper, green onion, black beans, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice. Whisk until the dressing is smooth and pour on top of salad. Toss to combine and add salt and pepper (add more to taste if desired). Chill the salad for at least 30 min before serving.
This is an all-time favorite. I tried it again this week with the youth at church and it was a win.
We didn’t wait for it to chill because by the time we were done chopping everything we wanted to eat it. The quinoa however should be at room temperature or chilled before mixing it in.