Prep Time: 30 Min / Cook Time: 1 hour / Ready In: 90 Min
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup or organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 7 ounces shredded coconut, less 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, cream together the eggs, melted coconut oil, bananas, and sugar. Add the baking powder, salt, flour, coconut, coconut milk, and cardamom or lemon. Mix just until well combined.
- Pour into a large loaf pan, two medium loaf pans, 6 small loaf pans, or 12 mini loaf pans which have been coated with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- Combine the remaining half cup of coconut, mix it with a teaspoon or so of date sugar, then sprinkle on top of your batter before baking. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour (large loaf pan), 35-40 minutes (medium loaf pan), 25-30 minutes (small loaf pan), 18-20 minutes (mini loaf pans). Remove, cool, slather with jam and enjoy.
This is just good. I didn’t have cardamon so I used lemon but I want to try it next time. It’s not too sweet and I was able to substitute different flours and oil without any problems. The coconut flavor is wonderful!
Variation and photo from cheeky kitchen